Culture needing work

 People fight over this, and we draw lines in the sand because of this. At times, it allows us to connect and find some ground as well. This thing is so hard to fully understand because it changes as time goes on. The world has made art, music, and writing.  These things have been changed by this. We have people that try to understand forgotten ones and others that try to erase them. I'm talking about culture. We are all developing our own as we grow, and we take things from others as we do. Culture is good at times, but at other times they need to be changed or forgotten.

In my life I have things that I do that I feel come from my mom and other times I do things like my dad and that was the culture I was raised in. One of the things that I learned from both of them is that life is hard and we need to always look for a way through it. This part of my family culture on the services would look like a good way to live, but there are things that I have seen from my parents that this part of my culture needs to be changed. 

The part about this culture is that I need to be willing to let others help me. Always trying to find the solution on my own is hard and helps keep my head up, but there are things that you can't get through on your own. We have families and friends for a reason, not just to spend time with them but to be willing to ask them for help in hard times. That is what I feel should be adjusted in my life or my culture to better myself.

Another thing that I have learned that needs to be worked on in my personal culture is looking for faults. What I mean by that is finding things that I do wrong and reminding myself why I shouldn't try to change that because it's my fault. Faults are what everyone has and some of them we can't change and need to accept in life, but there is another fault that we can work on. We can't just put all our faults into a pile and bury them, or we may never be able to find out how to change them. I want to end this part of my culture and find some way to make myself better instead, but it is something I need to work on.

Lastly, this is one thing that is part of my culture that I want to keep. It's something I learned from my grandparents on my dad's side. In a family, we must have a firm hand in guiding but always have a gentle touch in listing, teaching, and loving them. I feel that if we are firm in our path but have the willingness to listen and teach, then we can as a family always know where we are going. We all want someone that we can lean on in our time of need and someone that is willing to tell us the truth when we need to hear it. That is the culture I want to raise my future family in one of trust and respect.

Culture is a strange thing that we all have to deal with in our daily life. We clash with a culture all the time and have to be willing to not let that draw lines between us. We must find ways to change and build connections with each other. That is what culture is meant to be, a thing that brings people together and binds them, not borders and lines in the sand. We must find common ground and change what feel like. It hurts that goal. What can you change in your culture?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theories how can they shape the future.

Pressures of Dating